Working with Resistance, Devaluation, and Contempt
Have you ever worked with a client who claimed he didn’t have feelings, didn’t know how he felt them, devalued you and his loved ones, and took a helpless, passive stance in therapy? Have you ever worked with a client who had never benefitted from previous therapies due to his resistant stance?
If so, here you can learn how to work with passivity, helplessness, contempt, and detachment in a highly resistant patient.
This DVD package of the fourth and fifth sessions of treatment will show you:
- how to help patients see relationship destructive behaviors
- how to help patients see the price of their behaviors in their lives and therapy
- how to help patients let go of therapy destructive behaviors
- how to help patients face the painful feelings his wall of resistance wards off
- how to help patients stop resisting and start collaborating
These DVDs will show you what to do and what to say. The CD contains a complete analyzed transcript of the sessions, showing you how to understand each client response and each intervention by the therapist. This is real therapy with a real client showing real results.
DVD 1: Session four: helping the patient see his resistance and the price he pays by using it
DVD 2: Session five: helping the patient see and let go of his contempt and devaluation of the therapist
CD: Complete transcript and analysis by Jon Frederickson
$150 for this package